everytime I open firefox i get a warning this app was downloaded from the internet, do you want to open it. firefox has been previously opened but the message appears everytime firefox is opened. where is that reciept or preference located so I can delete
this is a macbook running 10.6.3 with a fresh install of firefox from the mozilla site
Every time Firefox opened
== after the upgrade from osx 10.6.3 and 3.6.3 install of firefox
- -Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- WebEx General Plugin Container Version 170
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Can you provide a screenshot of the message? Hopefully with the whole screen and not just the message.
here it is, not sure how helpful it is
- uninstall firefox - download the installer again from getfirefox.com - run the installer to install Firefox
See if the same problem appears.