Everyday Firefox pops up with a new security update which downloads but then I get a pop up that says "please read the following license agreement to accept the terms" but the box has this message in it: "The license file for this version could not be fou
"The license file for this version could not be found. Please visit the Firefox homepage for more information. "
A few times a week
== a week or two ago
- -Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
I have no more details other than what I said in my question and I have no more time to deal with this.
Do a clean reinstall and download a fresh Firefox copy from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html and save the file to the desktop. Uninstall your current Firefox version and remove the Firefox program folder before installing that copy of the Firefox installer. It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
You can skip the step to create a new profile, that is not necessary for this issue. ..... See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox#Clean_reinstall