Full-screen video doesn't stretch to sides of display on M2 MacBook Air
The attached photos show that the video does not reach the left and right sides of the display. I know that the video not stretching to the top and bottom of the display is normal. The display is 16:10 and the video is 16:9 or 21:9 (plus, the new MacBook notch/menu bar thing). The only way to stop the issue from happening is to put the Firefox app in full-screen mode before putting a video in full-screen mode.
- The issue is across all websites (YouTube; HBO Max; Netflix; Hulu; etc.).
- It happens every time I launch a video in full-screen
- The only way to avoid the issue is to put the Firefox app in full-screen first, then launch the video in full-screen
- This issue has been happening since I got the laptop last month
- I've checked all my extensions to ensure they aren't responsible
- This doesn't happen in Safari or Chrome
My computer is an M2 MacBook Air; the display is set to its default resolution of 2560 x 1664. It's running macOS Monterey version 12.6 and Firefox version 105.0.1.