Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
Can't display a page from Chase to my Firefox Browser
I need help in solving a problem. Using FIREFOX: When I go onto the Chase web site, it displays my account but will not display the page with my last (or previous) statements. It looks like it is working, but the page remains blank. I was finally told by the Chase help desk to try it with Google Chrome -- and, sure enough, it works. I have checked to see what version of Firefox I have and it is: 104.0.1 (64 bit). It says this is the latest. The Chase person told me that they have had calls from customers using Firefox who had the same problem as me. Is there a fix from Firefox for this problem? In the meantime, I will be forced to use Google Chrome when I want to deal with Chase. By the way, American Express is able to display their statements when I am using Firefox without a problem. Also, I was told to try the Chase APP on my iPhone -- and it works too. It seems there is a problem between Firefox and part of the Chase software.
Alle svar (5)
Hey Jlincoln! Apologies for the late reply!
I just hit this problem on Chase using Firefox 105! Surprisingly I don't see this problem on Firefox 104. The Chase homepage looks super messed up because it is missing images & styling elements. All you can see is a lot of out of order text. Is that what you see? Checkout my screenshot and let me know: https://i.ibb.co/CMqJjWY/Screenshot-2022-09-27-Chase-com.png
I'm filing a bug to get this investigated ASAP & will try to get a higher priority into looking into it. So sorry you've been dealing with this for a month! I feel like Chase did something wrong because all of my older Firefox builds can still login to Chase! I went as far back as Firefox 99.0 & it worked! So Chase must be doing something crazy with their software!
I still need to test Firefox 104 to make sure if I see the problem there.
Jlincoln! I take it back! I can reproduce the same weird broken Chase homepage on Firefox 104.0.2! This has been broken for that long?!
I can't imagine what the hell is causing this. I've tried a troubleshooting on this but nothing worked. I did find a small clue that Firefox is having a huge problem connecting to a TLS handshake on this site. It tries to get that handshake very quickly somewhere between ~30-50 times in a row (a rough guess) and then fails. Then we see the broken webpage. Will let you know when I file the bug!
You can check for issues with Total Cookie Protection.
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (Adblock Plus, NoScript, DuckDuckGo PE, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
Firefox shows a purple shield instead of a gray shield at the left end of the location/address bar in case Enhanced Tracking Protection is blocking content.
- click the shield icon for more detail and possibly disable the protection
You can check the Web Console for relevant-looking messages about blocked content.
You can try these steps in case of issues with webpages:
You can reload webpage(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the Cache and remove the Cookies for websites that cause problems via the "3-bar" Firefox menu button (Settings).
"Remove the Cookies" for websites that cause problems:
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Cookies and Site Data: "Manage Data"
"Clear the Cache":
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Cookies and Site Data -> Clear Data -> [X] Cached Web Content -> Clear
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) or if hardware acceleration or userChrome.css is causing the problem.
- switch to the DEFAULT theme: "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Themes
- do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Troubleshoot Mode start window
Thanks Cor-el but I already tried those steps. I did find out the culprit by poking around in my prefs.js file though.
It turns out while I did all the troubleshooting I could on this, the problem was with a single pref called: network.http.sendRefererHeader. It was set to 0 instead of the default of 2.
I'm honestly shocked it could break just loading a bank's homepage. I don't understand why it needs to know how I got to its homepage. It shouldn't need to know that. But I can imagine it breaking a bank site once you get past the login page. Many pages on that side of things would need to know what referred them there for security reasons I'm guessing.
So while I wasted a lot of time on this, I'm glad I learned this lesson because network.http.sendRefererHeader could've been breaking a lot more things for me causing me to blame the failures on the wrong things.
Hopefully Jlincoln doesn't have this problem anymore.
You can check the Web Console (Tools -> Web Developer) for messages about blocked content and about the presence of mixed or unsafe content.
You can check the Network Monitor to see if content is blocked or otherwise fails to load.
If necessary use "Ctrl+F5" or "Ctrl+Shift+R" (Mac: Command+Shift+R) to reload the page and bypass the cache to generate a fresh log.