Tabs are white or spinning after crash
I am still stumped as to why Firefox crashes, IF and that's a big IF, my session is restored, why my tabs are blank but the website names are still on the tabs. Click to reload sometimes works, while other times it doesn't. Google, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress websites I am logged into and others will not load anymore for at least an hour. The only way to access them is to open a private window. What is happening to this browser that causes these sites to not load anymore? Any clearing the browser history/cache doesn't bring these sites back. They will only come back an hour after the crash. I've also cleared my ISP cache too (ipconfig/flushdns).
Alle svar (3)
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
The crash report is several pages of data. We need the report numbers to see the whole report.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A list of Submitted/Unsubmitted Crash Reports will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Submitted Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
If the titles and URLs are on the tabs and you haven't closed Firefox yet then you should make a backup copy of previous.jsonlz4 in the Firefox profile folder without closing Firefox.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page (Root directory).
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
Backup the session files in the sessionstore-backups folder in the Firefox profile folder to make sure not to lose possible important session data. Do NOT close Firefox when Firefox is already running.
You will normally find these files in the sessionstore-backups folder:
- previous.jsonlz4 (cleanBackup: copy of sessionstore.jsonlz4 from previous session that was loaded successfully)
- recovery.jsonlz4 (latest version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- recovery.baklz4 (previous version of sessionstore.jsonlz4 written during runtime)
- upgrade.jsonlz4-<build_id> (backup created during an upgrade of Firefox)
You can copy a file from the sessionstore-backups folder to the main profile and rename the file to sessionstore.jsonlz4 to replace the current file with Firefox closed.
- make sure to backup the current sessionstore.jsonlz4
Ændret af cor-el den
You can look at this tool to inspect a compressed jsonlz4 sessionstore file.