Firefox browser not recognized by many sites.
When I go to websites i.e. PayPal, Facebook, eBay, amazon, etc I get emails saying that I used an unknown browser that I have not used before. This started with your new update 90.0.2 64 bit. I am not technically savvy what do I do to stop these emails and let them know it is fire fox mozilla browser. Fire fox is my main browser and has been for years but, unless there is some way to let websites know this is a new update to fire fox Mozilla I will be forced to remove this browser from my computer. Please advise me what I can do. Thank you. Katisam3@cox.net
Alle svar (5)
Try opening firefox in Safe mode,
- Find the Firefox icon or click Start and type Firefox.
- Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and then click the Firefox icon.
- In the Firefox Safe Mode window, click the Start in Safe Mode option.
I do not see what you wrote that will solve my problem to my websites I go in knowing what browser I am in.
Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes), any userChrome.css/userContent.css files, and some other advanced features to help you assess whether these are causing the problem. If the problem goes away, that tells us one thing. If it does not, that tells us something else.
Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
You can check out at the browserspy website how websites see you:
Detail like websites remembering you is stored in a cookie.
You can use these steps to make a website recognize and remember you.
- create a cookie allow exception with the proper protocol (https:// or http://) to make a website remember you
You can check that you aren't clearing important cookies.
- using "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" keeps cookies with an allow exception
- using "Clear history when Firefox closes" to clear cookies clears all cookies including cookies with an allow exception you may want to keep
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exceptions for passwords and other website specific data
- Settings -> Privacy & Security
Cookies and Site Data: "Manage Exceptions"