Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
can't connect to aol.com to access my compuserve email
I have been using my compuserve email address for 30 years. For years, I have been accessing it through Thunderbird, even after compuserve was absorbed by aol, and aol was absorbed by yahoo, etc. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago, using aol server settings and compuserve password. Recently I got a notice from aol that security as being upgraded, and I needed to delete my old Thunderbird account for my compuserve address, and set it up. When I tried to do that, using aol server settings, Thunderbird would not go to the aol server, but to a yahoo sign up page. Anyone know why this is happening? Compuserve support said they don't know. It should be going to the aol server, which for years has accepted my compuserve password.
Alle svar (2)
The "change" is to require everyone to use oth2 authentication. you could have just changed the authentication method in server settings. But you provider has done such an exemplary job they have told people to delete their accounts, and in the case of most POP users all their mail archives as well.
Now we have oAuth, it is a web based authentication method, and it is all being run out of a yahoo server. I have no idea what the authentication page will show as it is being served directly to you by the authentication server. If really has nothing to do with Thunderbird.
Did you put in your compuseve credentials into the yahoo page. I think that is probably all you have to do.
Thanks for the reply Matt. I started a Yahoo account, using my compuserve email and password. When I try to set up the account from Thunderbird, to download my compuserve email, it still doesn't work. A couple of days ago, I called Compuserve Support. I explained my problem. One of their tech people took control of my computer and tried to set up the account using all the right settings for imap incoming and outgoing servers (using AOL addresses, aol.com. She did the settings using the manual configuration, and put in the right authentication method, etc. And still it would go to yahoo sign up. She called up AOL tech people and they told her it should be going to aol.com. It wasn't. As I said, I set up a Yahoo account. I tried to set up the account again a few times. I got messages from Thunderbird saying there were problems with authentication. I tried to adjust the settings on my own. Now all I get when I try to set up the account, I get a Thunderbird message saying server already exists.