Firefox can't update!
Hello, this is getting annoying, i already reinstalled Firefox and again i get this message in top right corner: "Firefox can't update". I have checked in setting: automatically install updates. However i disabled background service. I don't want to use it. And automatic updates are still enabled, so there shouldn't be reason for it - to not work. Thanks for answer.
Alle svar (7)
Depending on how you have Firefox configured, updating may be completely automatic, meaning you don't need to manually download and install each update. Depending on your version, you can check your update settings in Firefox from Options > Firefox Updates or Options > Advanced > Update.
Pallavi kumari said
Depending on how you have Firefox configured, updating may be completely automatic, meaning you don't need to manually download and install each update. Depending on your version, you can check your update settings in Firefox from Options > Firefox Updates or Options > Advanced > Update. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-release
Updates are already set to automatic in options. I just don't want to use background service for automatic updates. It worked so far. Don't know if you need background service, for updates to work. But i think it didn't used to be like that. Firefox is still not updated!
follow the steps and instruction:
- Select the “Menu” Menu Button button in the upper-right corner, then choose “Options“.
- Select “General” on the left pane.
- Scroll down to the “Firefox Updates” section.
- Select one of the following options as desired:
- Automatically install updates
- Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them
- Never check for updates
- Check or uncheck the “Use a background service to install updates” option as desired.
From about:config Menu
- Type “about:config” in the address bar, then press “Enter“.
- Search for the “app.update.auto” setting.
- Double-click the “app.update.auto” option to toggle the setting. If set to “true“, automatic updates are enabled. If set to “false“, automatic updates are disabled.
tell me its help then reply back to me on reply section
thank you !
Yesterday i launched firefox and it prompted me for admin password. And today i checked and it says: firefox is up to date. But it doesn't make sense, it didn't update like over week, or so. I launched firefox many times in between time.
Anyway if i will have problem, i will let you know. I found app.update.auto in about:config and there is no option to set it on true. There is just checkbox boolean etc.
Again firefox doesn't automatically update, while automatically update is checked...