Can anyone confirm a change to firefox after 1/4/2020 that would affect java applets?
my ups thermal printer uses a java applet as I understand it. It last worked Friday Jan 3 2020. Now it will not print. Chrome works. This is a vista machine so both browsers are legacy. This is why I need to know if some kind of change was sent out on Jan 4-6?
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.75.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
Firefox 52 is not receiving updates, nor has it in years. There would be no change. However, with such an ancient computer, it's very likely things will just no longer work, besides being a massive security threat. I'd suggest you purchase a new computer ASAP and use the latest Firefox on that.