my browser/tab titles have disappeared and I've tried everything. any advice?
I rely on browser titles as an visual anchor while switching between tabs to remember where I am. recently they've disappeared and I've tried
- hamburger menu > customize > toggling "show title" - tinkering with addons - tinkering with preferences - quitting and restarting - toggling addons
any ideas? page titles are one of the reasons I switched full time to Firefox and I'm frustrated! TIA
OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. Shockwave Flash Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0
Sorry, there is an issue in Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks) where the tab title doesn't appear in the title bar in Firefox 70+. Users first reported it in https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1271477 (unsolved). [bug1591392]
Does it make any difference if you switch off the preference related to the major change in Firefox 70 related to how screen layout changes are sent to MacOS:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste core and pause while the list is filtered
(3) Double-click the gfx.core-animation.enabled preference to switch the value from true to false
If that has any effect, you probably won't notice until after you Quit and restart Firefox.
Ændret af jscher2000 den