When using "Find in this Page", the "Whole Words" option keeps enabling itself, even though I've turned it off repeatedly, and have never turned it on.
I've checked the setting in about:config, and it's set to default/false, which is what I want. So what is causing it to re-enable itself?
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:71.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/71.0
This could be a problem with preferences not getting saved.
Related prefs as found on the about:config page.
- findbar.entireword = false/true
- findbar.highlightAll = false/true
- accessibility.typeaheadfind.casesensitive = 0/1
Are you possibly using a user.js file to initialize preferences ?
You can use the button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Directory/Folder:
Windows: Show Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
You can check its content with a text editor (right-click: "Open with"; do not double-click). The user.js file is read each time Firefox is started and initializes preferences to the value specified in this file, so preferences set via user.js can only be changed temporarily for the current session.
You can delete the user.js file if you didn't create this file yourself.