How do I clear the cookies for a specific website?
A specific webpage isn't showing up correctly on my computer (it won't show properly on Safari either), but shows up fine on another computer. I think it may be the website's cookies. How do I delete the cookies for this specific site? I don't want to delete all my browser history.
- Shockwave Flash 27.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:70.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0
Hi cje24576, if you can load a page on the site, even badly, there's a button for it toward the left end of the address bar:
While viewing a page on the site, click the lock icon (or i-in-a-circle) at the left end of the address bar. After a moment, a "Clear Cookies and Site Data" button should appear at the bottom. Go ahead and click that.
In the dialog that opens, you will see one or more matches to the current address so you can remove the site's cookies individually without affecting other sites.
Then try reloading the page. Does that help?
You can also reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
If you use extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) that can block content (Adblock Plus, NoScript, Disconnect, Ghostery, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin) always make sure such extensions do not block content.
- make sure your extensions and filters are updated to the latest version
Firefox 70 and newer always shows the shield icon at the left end of the location/address bar
- click the shield icon for more details and possibly disable the protection
You can check the Web Console about what content is blocked
- "3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Web Developer