Printing problems; why is my printed page coming out too small? Print from email doesn't fill the page.
Print Size changed in Firefox and the printed page comes out very small. I have to set it to fill the page every time and it still does not fill the page. I do not want to have to save a file first before printing. If I use Control Print from a selected email I get an Error message. It still shows my printer window. It also comes out small when I click the Print icon in an email window. I'm leaving Firefox if this can't be fixed. I shouldn't have to work this hard or have difficulties with print settings in a browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0
Hi scorevoyager, could you mention what email site it is, for example, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or something else?
Are only emails affected or are there problems printing from other sites as well?
Firefox Using One Corner of the Page
One reason for Firefox not to use your entire piece of paper is if it misread the printer data and thinks it holds very small paper. As a possible quick fix, try this:
(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful or accepting the risk.
(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste paper_data and pause while the list is filtered
(3) This value varies, but based on past threads:
- 1 means letter size
- 9 often means A4 size
- 256 is an unknown small size that sometimes shows up on Brother printers for no apparent reason
To edit a preference, double-click it to open a small one-line dialog box. Modify and click OK.
Thank you. That seemed to work. I do still get an error message when I open a PDF attachment in gmail when I control P to print. It prints but I get the message. Any ideas?
Hi scorevoyager, what is the error message you get?
Simple, "An Error has Occurred while Printing."
Hmm, that's strange. Usually if you got that message, nothing would print. I wonder whether this is related to a change in Firefox 69 related to pages with multiple frames? If I get a chance, I'll try out Ctrl+p in Gmail later this week.