export records from Capital One credit card returns wrong format records
If any credit card transaction have been posted to my account, I export these records to my quicken file and update my credit card account. Today I requested my QFX records (Quicken format) from Capital One and received QBO (Quick Books) and CSV (Excel-Comma Separated) format records. Separate requests returned different record formats. I ran the same process on a Chrome browser and everything worked as it should (returned my dated QFX format records). I think that I updated to 69.0.1 version today and while not sure, I think it was before I attempted to export records process. I also exported records from Chase Bank (Credit cards records- QFX format) in the updated Firefox version. I have a work around in that I can run this process on Chrome but prefer and do all of my work on Firefox normally. Not a crisis or emergency but I thought I would make someone aware the problem existed. Capital One said no one else has reported the problem but if it is related to the 69.0.1 version that may simply be a timing issue.
CapOne is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. The correct data is being shipped but erroneously labeled as a CSV or QBO format extension. I have tested this and by saving the file as a QFX format (which you requested), the data will work as it should. You can also simply save the file and rename to update the extension to reflect it as a QFX file. Because this is a fairly easy work-around, I am closing my issue as resolved.Læs dette svar i sammenhæng 0
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0
Hi RonK, if I understand correctly, you requested a QFX file twice, but you received downloads in CSV format one time and QBO format the other. I don't suppose you tested again to see whether the third time was the charm?
It's hard to imagine this is a server problem, so perhaps it's an issue with the form on the page. I found this image online that may be similar to what you're using:
To see what Firefox is sending to the site, you could try the Network Monitor. That's one of the developer tools you can open in the lower part of the tab. Either:
- "3-bar" menu button > Web Developer > Network
- (menu bar) Tools > Web Developer > Network
- (Windows) Ctrl+Shift+e
Open that before you use the form.
On the first use, check the box for "Persist Logs" to keep data across page loads.
Then select your format, and request the report.
Firefox should show at least one request. You can click that row to show more details on the right.
Possibly the format is indicated by the requested page name. Otherwise, it would be a parameter.
If it's a GET request, then the format should somehow be indicated in the URL of the request. If it's a POST request, the format may be in the form body. Either way, view the Params section on the right side and see whether that shows the wrong type (like CSV or QBO).
And if it is different each time, is there any pattern to it?
Attempted to complete the suggestions you made without any meaningful assessment. From what I see, it is a Get request that is sent to Cap One (CreditCo), but there is only one "params" entry and it does not have anything as relates to my download request. I requested "QFX" format and CapOne responded with QBO format records. The developer network info was not helpful and I also reviewed the URL history in Firefox which was not helpful as it relates to my request. This is not familiar territory for me so I might be looking at the answer and simply not recognizing it. Any other thoughts or approaches? The form you included is exactly like the form I fill out for my request.
Hmm, okay, if the request doesn't include the format as a parameter, perhaps it has a unique file name, such as get "exportqbo.php" so a parameter isn't needed. If you compare the download URLs in Firefox and Chrome, are they different?
This morning it is failing on both browsers (Firefox & Chrome) to CapOne requesting downloaded transactions. I have seen both CSV & QBO records returned although I had selected QFX records. I also confirmed that I am able to use both browsers to Chase to download QFX records successfully. I will be working with CapOne as at this time with both browsers failing with CapOne, it would appear to be a CapOne issue. I will post any finding that defines this problem more specifically.
Ændret af RonK den
CapOne is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. The correct data is being shipped but erroneously labeled as a CSV or QBO format extension. I have tested this and by saving the file as a QFX format (which you requested), the data will work as it should. You can also simply save the file and rename to update the extension to reflect it as a QFX file. Because this is a fairly easy work-around, I am closing my issue as resolved.