Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
Which files needs to backup your Profile? Is it %AppData%\Roaming\Mozilla\ or %AppData%\Local\Mozilla\ ? Is there an add-on that does this? Lastly, can anyone write a script so when you exit Firefox, it automatically backs up your profile? Thank you in advance.
Alle svar (4)
The backup file is in Roaming. For specific instructions, follow this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profiles-where-firefox-stores-user-data#w_how-do-i-find-my-profile
To back up your profile, first close Firefox if it is open and then copy the profile folder to another location. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit Go to one level above your profile’s folder, i.e. to %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ Right-click on your profile folder (e.g. xxxxxxxx.default), and select Copy. Right-click the backup location (e.g. a USB-stick or a blank CD-RW disc), and select Paste.
If you need to restore your profile to a new installation, copy the files in your backup folder and use them to replace the files in the new installation. Don't copy the whole folder because the names of the old and new are different, and the new folder name is required.
Can't help with the script. I'd google that one. lol! Good luck and best regards
There is an extension but, it isn't compatible with newer versions of Firefox.
Firefox backs-up your bookmarks each day automatically and you can configure Firefox to backup your bookmarks each time you exit.
As far as backing up your entire profile each time you exit, I don't do script either so, a simple .bat file added to Task Scheduler is what I would look into.
This won't work, the password database is locked in some sort of hard coded way that the OS can't even bypass and prevents being opened or copied in any way at all. I'm kinda pissed that its a json file now rather than a database file.
Only the profile folder in the root location (AppData\Roaming) is important.
Firefox uses two locations for the Firefox profile folder, so make sure to look in the correct location. Location used for the main profile that keeps your personal data (Root Directory on about:profiles).
Location used for the disk cache and other temporary files (Local Directory on about:profiles).
You can backup files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)