I installed firefox on a new computer and now I can't add new bookmarks to my bookmark folders.
I recently got a new computer and added Firefox to it and imported my profile from my old computer. I have a bookmarks folder that has sub-folders in it (Like Recipes, Money, Art, etc.) I can view and use all the existing bookmarks. However, on my new computer whenever I select "choose" and try to add a new bookmark to one of the sub-folders they will will not display. Which means that I can only and to the folder that contains the sub-folders, but I cannot add anything to the sub-folders themselves.
OpenH264 Video Codec provided by Cisco Systems, Inc. Widevine Content Decryption Module provided by Google Inc.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0
you can use the SYNC function of Firefox https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-set-sync-my-computer
The other method is to import and export - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transfer - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-bookmarks-html-file
Did you copy the full profile folder from the other computer?
It is better to only copy files you need to prevent issues.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite and favicons.sqlite files in the Firefox profile folder.
- use "Verify Integrity" button on the "Help -> Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page
In case errors are reported with "Verify Integrity" close and restart Firefox and retry.