I need to completely uninstall, but removing it to trash still leaves me with584 items I cannot remove
I had two Firefox Apps, 1 real, 1 alias.... But my machine (iMac 10.6.8) is no longer supported and I don't want any temporary add-ons.
It's time to part company with Firefox for this computer but though I closed both Apps and dragged them to the trash I find I still have some 584 items in my machine. Easy Find and Find any File found them. But apart from a few, I cannot delete them.
Firefox had becoming a hog for memory (1.6 Gb regularly) so this was the final one way of getting my machine in some order. Another problem I found was the pdf converter Mindspark was becoming a nuisance; to my memory I had never downloaded it and I can't entirely get rid of that either.
All in all I am now concerned for my new Macbook Pro, too.
- Shockwave Flash 25.0 r0
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.11
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Firefox 49.0 and later dropped support for the old Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8.
To be up to date with security fixes for a bit longer you can use the Firefox 45.9.0 ESR which is the last 45 ESR update released when Firefox 53.0 was released.
https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/organizations/all/ (change it to Firefox 45 on top right).
The some 584 items related to Firefox could be from your Profile for say Bookmarks, cookies, Cache and such.
Ændret af James den