Get message "The URL is invalid, and cannot be loaded"
When starting firefox, I get this message when attempts to restore the previous session. THis also happens on other websites that previously loaded correctly
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Mime Type x-skype for Skype Buttons
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Are you really still using the outdated Firefox 12 version the shows in the System Details list next to the question?
- Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
You get this message if Firefox didn't close properly the last time you closed it.
Use one of these to close Firefox if you are currently doing that by clicking the close X on the Firefox title bar.
- "3-bar" menu button -> Exit (Power button)
- Linux: File -> Quit
- Windows: File -> Exit
- Mac: Firefox -> Quit Firefox