How do I make the scroll wheel on my mouse work?
The scroll wheel on my mouse quit working. It's a new mouse and I'm wondering if it need set up or enabled. Thanks for your help.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Citrix HDX Plugin (Linux) Version 220.127.116.115639 (/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica)
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Thank you for your question, but this sounds more like an issue with the Linux distribution you are using, rather than an issue with Firefox. I recommend contacting the support team for the Linux distribution that you have installed on your device.
I notice that you are using an older version of Firefox. I strongly recommend that you update so that you have the latest security and stability fixes as well as new features. If you need a hand updating, I recommend you have a read of this article.
I am having the same problem which just started with the latest Firefox update today. I am on Firefox version 48.0 running on Windows 10 Professional. I have checked my mouse settings and they have not changed. The scroll wheel is set to 3 lines with each click. I tried clearing all caches and have rebooted the system but it still will not scroll. I can only use the down arrow at the bottom of the bookmarks to get to the one I want to use. The scroll wheel does work when I'm viewing web pages, it just will not work any longer on the bookmarks.