Changing home page snippets
Hi, I'm wondering whether it is possible to change "snippets" on the firefox homepage? For example I would like to set default snippet (that would not change) to either my custom snippet or to one chosen snippet from https://snippets.mozilla.com/ (for example the one named ongoing-features-en). I'm guessing it has something to the with about:config value of browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl but I'm not sure what values should I set to achieve the results. Thanks in advance for the answer.
- Shockwave Flash 20.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.71.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
You can try using about:blank as your home page.
Why are you still using a very old Firefox 14.0.1 version?
System Detail list next to your question shows that you run an older Firefox version that is no longer supported with security updates. Always update Firefox and add-ons to the latest versions to get all security fixes.
Please update to the current Firefox 44.0 release.
- Help > About Firefox
If you prefer not to see snippets on the about:home page or if there are problems with a snippet then you can set this pref to an empty string value on the about:config page by deleting the current value via the right-click context menu (Modify) or a double-click.
- browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl (delete current value)
Delete the storage\persistent\moz-safe-about+home folder in the Firefox profile folder with Firefox closed ("3-bar" Firefox menu button > Exit/Quit) to remove snippets stored in IndexedDB and make Firefox use a default snippet set.
You can reset the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref via the right-click context menu to the default value to re-enable the snippets and make Firefox recreate the moz-safe-about+home folder.
Close and restart Firefox after changing the value of the browser.aboutHomeSnippets.updateUrl pref.