firefox profile cannot be loaded
I am not very computer literate. I have been going around and around with this for hours. I can't open firefox. I just get the message. I re installed firefox and see a folder of "old firefox data" on the desktop, but I can't figure out what to do from the different articles about this. I just go around an around.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; McAfee; GWX:QUALIFIED; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox?
This is usually caused by a problem with the profiles.ini file. You need to locate the profiles.ini file and delete this file or use the Profile Manager to create a new profile.
You can use one of these to make Firefox create a new default profile or recover an existing profile:
- Delete the profiles.ini file to make Firefox create a new (default) profile
- Use the Profile Manager to create a new profile
If you still have an existing profile then click "Choose Folder" in the Profile Manager and browse to the location of a lost profile to recover this profile
You should find the profiles.ini file in this hidden location:
- Windows: %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
- Linux: ~/.mozilla/firefox/
If clearing the profiles.ini file isn't working then also check the location of the cache files.
- Windows: *C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\
- Mac: ~/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/