how to hide advertisements?
frequent repetition of advertisements
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.12
- Virtual Keyboard
- Online Banking Extension
- Content Blocker Extension
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Hi, you are using an old version of Firefox, which can compromise your security. To update it to 41.0.1, open the 3-bar menu > Help (question mark at bottom right) > About Firefox.
In regard to ads, please try an ad blocker like Adblock Plus.
If your question is resolved by this or another answer, please take a minute to let us know. Thank you.
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked