Clicking 'Show all History' in Library only offer 'Today' and 'Older than 6 months'. What about less than 6 months?
Seems other people have written about this.
I'm using Firefox 39. Clicking 'Show All History' in the drop down menu only shows 'Older than 6 months' and 'Today'. Clearly this isn't 'All History'! Why doesn't it show anything between 'Today' and 'Older than 6 months'? Is this a bug?
Today I downloaded the add-on 'Places Maintenance' 1.3.1, and ran it. It has made no difference.
I hope you can help.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0
History and cookies can be removed or not recorded several ways;
- 1) Running Firefox in Private Mode (nothing is recorded)
- 2) Privacy settings
(Type about:preferences#privacy<enter> in the address bar.)
- 3) Many disk cleaners and anti-virus type programs can remove data from browsers. Open their settings and have them leave the browsers alone.
- 4) Mal-ware.
Thanks for your message. Unfortunately it hasn't solved anything.
1) As far as I'm aware, I don't run Firefox in Private Mode. There is no setting I've seen that would allow me to do that. Where is it?
2) In Preferences > Privacy > History it is set as 'Firefox will: Remember history'.
3) I don't use any disk cleaners and anti-virus type programs.
4) As far as I'm aware, there is no malware on my computer.
Since others have reported this problem, I repeat, could it be a bug?
Only if others also have the issue. What I posted above are the common issues.
Watch your history for a week. Any issues?
I've called the big guys to help you. Good luck.