Denne tråd blev arkiveret. Stil et nyt spørgsmål, hvis du har brug for hjælp.
Failure to implement and retain password
I had been using numerous sites where I my username and password was appropriately retained using Firefox 36.0.4. With the update to 37.0.4, all this failed. My stored usernames and passwords failed. Deleting these credentials would not work - I would enter them, the dialogue about whether to store these would flash in the upper left of the browser window, and I would be asked for my credentials again. Happened on multiple sites on different servers. Deleting profile and reinstalling V37.0.4 did not fix. The only solution was to scrub out V37.0.4 and reinstall the prior V36.0.4. How to communicate this to the Firefox developers.
Alle svar (4)
Details like websites remembering you (log you in automatically) are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
If clearing cookies didn't help then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies got corrupted.
- Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookies files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox profile folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Can't be a corrupted cookies.sqlite file since I completely removed all components including my profile and then did a fresh install of V37.0.4. And as to needing a custom cookie - my understanding is that this info is being stored in the Firefox collection of passwords and not cached by the site I'm visiting. So I don't understand this need for exceptional cookies. And if there is some cookie magic involved - why did it all work fine with V36.0.4?
You could still give it a try and delete all cookies.sqlite file (shm and wal as well).
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode (Never remember history).
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use Private Browsing mode"
Ændret af cor-el den