Why won't some links on AOL.com work?
Recently, I upgraded to Firefox 38.0 beta version. Now when I am use Firefox to get to AOL.... on many of the links to new stories I get this message.
"The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."
The problem is that ....I can access some news stories by clicking on AOL links but on others I can't. If my computer wasn't accepting cookies then wouldn't it fail to connect to ALL AOL links? Plus this seems to be a problem on with the new version of Firefox. I can still access stories on AOL if I use Chrome. But I don't wan to use Chrome if I don't have to. Not amused on bit.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Clear the cache and remove cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can inspect and manage permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab via these steps:
- Click the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) on the location/address bar
- Click "More Information" to open "Tools > Page Info" with the Security tab selected
- Go to the Permissions tab (Tools > Page Info > Permissions) to check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab