DID A REFRESH AND ""LOST ALL MY BOOKMARKS ? ? ? ? """ HELP ! ! ! NOW PLEASE. I'm in PANIC MODE !
Saw the typical 'your computer is taking a long time' you can do this... message at the bottom. Have done it before. Went to the utility gizmo, went through the process to refresh and restablish Firefox defaults - whatever. The next time Firefox comes up it's like I was never on it ???? It wants me to sign in. First it doesn't recognize my password then I forgot my user name. When I eventually get to a start screen ALL MY BOOK MARKS from the last 8 years are GONE ? ? ? ? ?
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.8
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.72.2 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing. To recover them, follow the instructions below.
- Use one of these methods to open the Bookmarks Library window:
- Firefox 29 and above: Click the Bookmarks button and select Show All Bookmarks.
- Previous Firefox versions: Click the Firefox button and click on Bookmarks. (If you don't have a Firefox button, click the Bookmarks button or Bookmarks menu item and select Show All Bookmarks.)
- At the top of the Library window, click on Import and Backup and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
For more information, see the Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer article. For other solutions, see the Recover lost or missing Bookmarks article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
When you refresh (reset) Firefox then a new profile is created and some personal data (bookmarks, history, cookies, passwords, form data) is automatically imported and the current profile folder will be moved to the desktop to an "Old Firefox Data" folder. Installed extensions and other customizations (toolbars, prefs) that you have made are lost and need to be redone.
A refresh would normally copy the bookmarkbackups folder from the previously used profile to the new profile apart from keeping the bookmarks. If that didn't happen then you can check the bookmarkbackups folder in the "Old Firefox Data" folder on the desktop and restore the bookmarks from a recent JSON backup.