Firefox cannot sync. Wrong key. New Sync. Clear profiles. Different OS-s
Hi http://pastebin.com/ph8EHZvd (tokens, ids and email I've replaced with * for security reasons) The same problem i have on different operation systems during the last month. http://rghost.ru/private/58388719/2e5666c1c3b1c1969b99cd7df038491d/image.png
It's a new version of Sync.
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The Videos 3.10.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Hi Amberon, thanks for grabbing the sync log and sanitizing it but it appears you deleted it from pastebin.com. Could you reupload it? And set the paste expiration for at least a week.
I plan to show the Sync devs your log and get a answer but another user reported this exact same problem and they recommended these steps.
Reply from Sync developer: We've seen occasional instances of this in the past; things they can try in increasing order of brutality: 1) Disconnect from sync and re-connect 2) Go through the password reset flow on their FxA account 3) Delete and re-create their FxA account Hopefully the first will resolve it.
For the first one, you will need to go into the Sync preferences area of Firefox and click the "Disconnect" button. Then I believe the button will change to "Connect" or "Reconnect". Maybe wait a minute after disconnecting to give Sync time to do it properly then press the connect/reconnect button.
Let me know which step ends up fixing the problem for you.
Actual pastebin http://pastebin.com/ZnnYM7xk
Thanks, but 1) and 2) didn't help me. I cannot create new acount because all my stuff in Firefox "cloud" now.
I'm having this problem for almost 2 months in all new installed firefoxes Please help me.
Hi Amberon, do you have any other devices connected to this account, or is it just a single device? In the past when we've seen this problem it has been because of multiple devices getting into a conflict over the login state.
> I cannot create new acount because all my stuff in Firefox "cloud" now.
Do you mean that you no longer have a copy of your bookmarks etc locally?
Did you reset your password prior to experiencing this bug. If so, we had a bug up until Fx 33 that triggered this error after a password reset: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1056523
From your logs, it appears you are running Fx 32.
- Make sure at least one browser has your data (bookmarks, history, etc)
- Disconnect from sync on all your browsers
- Upgrade all browsers to Fx 33
- Reset your Firefox account password
- Login back into Sync on all your browsers