FF 31 password manager does not remember settings
Been away for a while and despite my anti Australis feelings, I still give it a try sometimes to see what changes. In previous FF versions when I went to my online bank, there was no pop-up of the password manager. This of course was fine because of security. But now with FF 31 when I go to my bank, I get the pop-up of the password manager asking if I want to remember the password. I choose not to and also choose not to remember the password. But this setting is not remembered: each time now when I go to my online bank, I get the pop-up of the password manager.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 11.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0
If you choose "Never Remember Password for This Site" in the drop down menu, it should not prompt again. More information here.
Ændret af cammy_the_block den
You can inspect and manage the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab via these steps:
- Click the "Site Identity Button" (globe/padlock) on the location/address bar
- Click "More Information" to open "Tools > Page Info" with the Security tab selected
- Go to the Permissions tab (Tools > Page Info > Permissions) to check the permissions for the domain in the currently selected tab
You can inspect and manage the permissions for all domains on the about:permissions page.
Current Firefox releases have support for remembering the password when autocomplete=off is used in the login form.
You can toggle the signon.storeWhenAutocompleteOff pref to false on the about:config page to disable this feature.
Note that Firefox won't auto-fill saved form data automatically when autocomplete=off is used, so double-click the empty name field to get a drop-down list.
hi i have this same trouble too am using Firefox 32.0.3. also i checked that when i select never remember password for this site is not saving in exception list in Options\Security\Password settings even after selecting that never remember it is not saving in exception list. also i tried to manually add the site in the exception list, but there is no such option to manually add the site in exception list.