Sidebar, related searches, how do I remove it please?
I can see that others are having similar problems, I've tried suggested solutions none of which works.
I am using a laptop, running Windows 7 and want to use Mozilla but that sidebar is an absolute pain.
Is there some safe way of permanently removing it please? I don't want it, it isn't helpful, is simply an annoyance that I can do without in a busy day's work.
If it cannot be removed I'll have to look at different browsers I'm afraid as I can't be doing with having to close it EVERY TIME I open a new page
- Shockwave Flash 14.0 r0
- Google Update
- Version 18.104.22.16803
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.07
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.124
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
You can check for recently installed suspicious or unknown extensions.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window
Thank you. Now all I need to do is work out how on earth to open Firefox in Safe Mode
Did you read this support article? https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Safe+Mode