Restore last closed tab?
My restore options work fine. However, the previous version of Firefox had an option to restore the last tab closed ONLY. Now it seems all tabs must be restored.
Any advice? :)
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.10
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.1
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.206
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BT DesktopHelp plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- BT Management plug-in for Mozilla Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
hello nikk11, the history button in the new menu should give you an overview of recently closed tabs - you can click on a particular entry to restore that. or the keyboard shortcut ctrl+shift+t should also still work for that purpose...
You can find the list in a separate menu (History > Recently Closed Tabs/Windows) if you use the History menu on the menu bar.
- Tap the Alt key or press F10 to show the Menu bar.
There is an History button in the "3-bar" Firefox menu button drop-down that shows the Restore Closed Tabs and Restore Closed Windows directly in this list (there are separators) and not in a separate sub menu.
I have this problem also...when I try to restore a recently closed tab, a new tab opens to my Home Page rather than the recently closed tab that I want to reopen. This started happening after upgrading to Firefox 30 from 29.
I inquired here about this previously but I have not seen a solution as yet. Anybody know if I need to change a Firefox setting to get this to work correctly.
when starting fox all previous tabs from last exit reopen,
how do I close and not remember all tabs???
You can check if you have a user.js file in the Firefox profile folder that sets the browser.sessionstore.resume_session_once pref to true.
You can use this button to go to the currently used Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Note that Windows hides some file extensions by default. Among them are .html and .ini and .js and .txt, so you may only see file name without file extension. You can see the real file type (file extension) in the properties of the file via the right-click context menu in Windows Explorer.