After update to FF 70 I lost my master password and all the saved logins.
I've been using the FF 65 because FF didn't allowed the Simple Tab Groups add on for a while. Once FF allowed this add on again, I updated from 65 to 70. I completed the update and everything seems to work normal, but, when I restart the app: There is no master password, and all the saved logins are also gone. I know that FF has problems with the updates, so I copied my 65 version of FF an d also a copy of the profile. So I deleted the 70 and tried to update again, and the result is the same. It update's perfectly, but when I quit the app and open it again, master pass and logins are gone.
Does anyone knows what to do? Should I have to delete some file from the Profile?
Thanks in advance
Další informace o systému
Nainstalované zásuvné moduly
- Shockwave Flash 32.0 r0
- Identifikace prohlížeče: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0
Thanks but no. I don´t want to use any software for this.
If you lost personal data then it is possible that a new default-release profile folder has been created. See "Determine if Firefox has created a new profile":
You can open the about:profiles page via the location bar to check whether multiple profiles are present and what profile Firefox currently is using.
- Do NOT click any Remove button on this page.
You can copy files like these with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to recover specific data.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (passwords) and key4.db (58+) or key3.db (57 and older) (decryption key) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
if you only have key3.db then make sure to remove an existing key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) or cert8.db (57 and older) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
if you only have cert8.db then make sure to remove an existing cert9.db
- persdict.dat for words you added to the spelling checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)