This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How to make firefox open a URL in a PDF document which is loaded using Adobe PDF viewer in firefox to always in a new browser window ?
Hi I have a web application which would enable users to see a list of PDF document on the web page and when the user select the PDF document, it will be open by a adobe PDF viewer.
Within the content of the PDF document, it will contact URL links to some other portal web pages which we would like these other web pages to be open in a new browser window, but our testing shows that the new web pages may not always open in a new browser window.
Could you help to advise how I can enforce that new web pages that are clicked from the PDF document can always be open in a new firefox browser window ?
Thanks in advance.
Regards Sen Lee
All Replies (2)
In order to change the default reader for PDF files (to not open PDF files with Firefox's internal PDF reader), follow these steps:
- Go to Tools > Options (or Firefox > Options).
- In the Options window, select the Applications tab.
- In the Search field, type PDF. You should find Portable Document Format (PDF).
- On the right handside you should find an Action column. Use that to select your favorite PDF reader. In order to view PDF files in Firefox, choose Preview in Firefox.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can override how external links are opened via the browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external pref.
The meaning of the values of browser.link.open_newwindow.override.external are the same as for browser.link.open_newwindow
- 1: current tab; 2:new window; 3:new tab;
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.link.open_newwindow (3)
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/browser.link.open_newwindow.restriction (0)