This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
when I click on a search topic, I get redirected to a website with no relation to the topic, like my link was hijacked?
Within the last week, when I open Firefox (THE most recent version), do a search, click on one of the search results, I get redirected to a completely unrelated website (for example, click on "irs tax code" and get directed to "travel to las vegas").
I scanned my computer with Norton AntiVirus and IObit Security, and no virus or malware was found.
The other weird thing is that I cannot open Windows Defender, or any of the Windows Security Essentials (my computer runs on Windows Vista).
All Replies (1)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked