Firefox opens with a new, empty tab every time
I have set Firefox so that every time I start it, it shows the tabs from last time. However, just recently it has started with the tabs from last time plus an extra tab.
The other day I installed three addons which all required Firefox to be re-started and each time it did so, there was an extra tab so that by the end of my addon session I had three extra unasked-for tabs. Not a problem really, just an irritation that I want to stop. How can I stop this?
Until recently this did not happen and I just got the tabs from my last session unless I had closed them before shutting down Firefox. Even if I make sure that there are no new, unused tabs before shutting Firefox, I still get a new tab when I start it again.
Dodatni detalji o sistemu
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Korisnički agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Please update to Firefox 20.0.1 first, then try again Update Firefox to the latest release
Thanks for your help; it seems to have cured the situation. In case you are interested, I hadn't updated Firefox because each time I have updated it in the past it gets a little bigger and a little slower and quite often the addons stop working so I decidd that it was OK as it was. Now that I have updated it the addons are still working.
Glad it worked. Always make sure that Firefox is up to date, as each version fixes many security holes in older versions, plus includes important stability and performance fixes.