Ova tema je arhivirana. Pitajte drugo pitanje ako vam je potrebna pomoć.
When I do a google search and click on a result I'm being redirected to an inappropriate site.
I recently installed Malwarebytes due to an infection of some type. This morning I did a Google search for First Tech Fed Credit Union. When I arrowed down to the suggestion "First Tech Federal Credit union and clicked on that result, Malwarebytes said it had blocked outgoing access to potentially malicious website, 188.8.131.52 and Firefox tried to load VID Finder. The next time, it loaded cheapinsurance.com. When I clicked the back arrow, under the top result, First Tech Federal Credit Union, there's a line "Cached - Block all 184.108.40.206 results" If I repeat the process, I get a different IP address blocked and a different result. Am I the victim of a Browser Helper Object? Thanks
All Replies (2)
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Thanks for your help cor-el. I'm running malwarebytes on the infected machine as I type on our MacBook Pro. BTW, I should have mentioned the infected machine is a WinXP SP2 box. It won't let me install SP3 despite having tried several types; it runs for several minutes, then just quits. But I doubt that's the problem.
I also have superantispyware and that will be next. Not familiar with Windows Defender but have used Spybot S&D and AdAware when I worked in desktop support.