I want to down load Grease monkey as add-on but F 4.0b6 will not let it when will this be available?
i have tried to to add grease monkey as an add-on. But every time i try it says that it is not yet compatible with version 4 of firefox.
I really want this add-on so can you suggest to me what the best solution is please.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Have been trying for 2 days
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Live Update v1.5
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b6) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b6
A couple of options for you, first is the Greasemonkey nightly builds available from https://arantius.com/misc/gm-nightly/ - The nightly builds are updated on a fairly regular basis and are compatible with the current Firefox 4 beta releases. If you choose this option you will automatically get the latest updates.
The second option is Scriptish, this is a fork of Greasemonkey and has been specifically written for Firefox 4, it is available from https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/231203/
ps As you are using the Firefox 4 betas, you should update to beta 8, there have been a lot of fixes and updates since beta 6.
Modified by TonyE
I am still having trouble trying to download an add-on. you e-mailed details of how I might get grease monkey even though it is compatible, you suggested scriptish which I have now spent 2 hours trying to add to fire fox as an add-on I have followe all instructions and even though it says that when I restart it will be added on but I have done that at least 10 times and it still hasn't added. There has to be a solution. Is there anyway I can down load an earlier version of firefox that grease monkey is compatible with?