How to stop Firefox from asking to use "uninstalled" fonts that are installed.
Firefox 3.6 and now 4beta, Mac PowerbookPro running OS 10.6.4. After each new computer boot, starting Firefox causes a series of dialogs to appear indicating that Firefox.app wants to use the font. It indicates each Font installed on my system is not installed and asks me if I want to allow or Do not allow the use of the font. I have checked "do not ask again" but it comes up the next time I reboot my computer and start Firefox.
Dodatni detalji o sistemu
Ovo se desilo
Svaki put kada se Firefox otvori
Ovo je počelo kada...
Running Firefox 3.6
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- Coupons Inc. Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.0
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2063
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Korisnički agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b6) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b6
I repaired Permissions and used FontBook.app to ensure the fonts are all installed.
You can try /tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1...
See also Bug 567552 - Fonts on External drive are activated by Firefox, and preference to not ask again is ignored (please do not comment in bug reports)
Thanks so much!!!! I moved all copies of my fonts from User/Library/Fonts folder to Library/Fonts, used FontBook.app to enable them and get rid of duplicates and now am again able to use Firefox without that annoying series of pop-up alerts. Mark me down as an appreciative customer!
I have an idea! Get Google Chrome! Or anything else for that matter!