Performance Issues with Flash receiving requests from Cache
We are developing a Flash game. Since we upgraded from Firefox 3.5 to 3.6 we have noticed a strange performance issue. Our game uses http to make requests for assets that are loaded into the game. Since the browser upgrade, there is at least a 10 second delay each time Flash tries to load image data that has already been cached. The strange thing is that if you minimize the browser, the request comes through instantly.
We confirmed this behavior using an extension called HttpFox which allows you to view incoming and outgoing requests. We also reverted back to Firefox 3.5 and confirmed that the issue did not occur in that version. Additionally, we've confirmed that this issue does not occur in either IE8 or Chrome for Windows.
Every time Firefox opened
== We upgraded to Firefox 3.6
Dodatni detalji o sistemu
- -Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Version 1.0.3, copyright 1996-2009 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Korisnički agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Open Containing Folder
Amazon Wish List
A good place to ask questions and advice about web development is at the MozillaZine Web Development/Standards Evangelism forum. The helpers at that forum are more knowledgeable about web development issues. You need to register at the MozillaZine forum site in order to post at that forum.