Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Problem loading Google Drive

  • 30 odgovori
  • 1 ima ovaj problem
  • 2215 views
  • Posljednji odgovor poslao Mahesh Singh

more options

Hi there,

We use GMail/ Calendar/ Drive for our business. On the official account, I am seeing a continuous - multi-day - situation where my Google Drive won't load when I point my browser to it unless I do at least one refresh after getting to Drive and waiting for my list of folders and documents to show up.

In the mean time, the following error shows upon on the bottom left of my screen - "The server encountered an error. Please try again later." - this has persisted for over 2 weeks when I restarted using Fiefox earlier this month. I do not get this error when using Chrome or Safari.

Today, I am also not able to see the user who last modified a document or a folder last, as you can see in the image below.

Please tell me what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks, Mahesh

Hi there, We use GMail/ Calendar/ Drive for our business. On the official account, I am seeing a continuous - multi-day - situation where my Google Drive won't load when I point my browser to it unless I do at least one refresh after getting to Drive and waiting for my list of folders and documents to show up. In the mean time, the following error shows upon on the bottom left of my screen - "The server encountered an error. Please try again later." - this has persisted for over 2 weeks when I restarted using Fiefox earlier this month. I do not get this error when using Chrome or Safari. Today, I am also not able to see the user who last modified a document or a folder last, as you can see in the image below. Please tell me what I can do to fix this issue. Thanks, Mahesh
Priloženi snimci ekrana

Izabrano rješenje

What extensions do you have ?

Do you have any content blocking extensions ?


If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing the problem by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.

Pročitajte ovaj odgovor sa objašnjenjem 👍 1

All Replies (10)

more options

Mac booting now... ;-))

more options

Waiting.... :)

Thanks!

more options

Had to find out how to get screenshots in Mac and then the file was too big for the forum. Anyway... I 'm not able to replicate your issue in Mac.

more options

Ah.. that is too bad. I used to be able to use Firefox with G Drive fine earlier (a year or two back) - so this is a new problem.

Anyway - thanks very much for your time and support - really appreciate it! Hopefully someone else will be able to replicate it!

more options

Just as a test, can you try it in Windows? Also, have you tried it in Safe Mode?

Izmjenjeno od strane jonzn4SUSE

more options

I don't have easy access to a Windows machine - will try and see how I can find one.

I just tried in safe mode - and it seems to work better for sure - tho' slower - but still doesn't load all the information in the owner column in the list view. However, other features - like the "+ New" to add a new folder or doc seems to work fine - and the list view appears without needing a browser refresh, and also, the error messages on the bottom left don't appear any more.

However, can one work in Safe mode all the time? Or are there any constraints/ restrictions when doing that?

Many thanks!

more options

Actually nm about the safe mode - I read up! Looks like many of my add-ons won't work so it's not a permanent solution. I wonder if I should raise this issue on some MacOS forums as well?

Thanks again!

more options

Odabrano rješenje

What extensions do you have ?

Do you have any content blocking extensions ?


If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing the problem by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.

more options

cor-el said

What extensions do you have ? Do you have any content blocking extensions ?

Hi - thanks for your response. I have the bitly, Webex, CORS and Yesware extensions. I will try disabling them one by one and let you know.

Thanks!

more options

cor-el said

What extensions do you have ? Do you have any content blocking extensions ?

If it works in Safe Mode and in normal mode with all extensions ("3-bar" menu button or Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions) disabled then try to find which extension is causing the problem by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.

Wow! I think you just solved my problem. I tried what you said and it looks like the CORS extension was the problem. As soon as I disabled it, the error messages disappeared, all data showed up in the list view and the + New button to add new files or folders started to work properly. The overall performance seems to have picked up as well.

I am not sure how long I have had that extension and why (tho' I am sure our IT admins must have told me to install it at some point to solve another issue) - I will check. But for now, it seems to work fine with the add-on disabled!

Many thanks to you for helping fix this problem. Thanks to everyone else who spent time on this, especially @jonzn4SUSE :)

  1. 1
  2. 2