Ova tema je arhivirana. Pitajte drugo pitanje ako vam je potrebna pomoć.
Failed sync setup between new Note 20 Ultra and desktop Firefox
I've been trying to setup sync between Firefox on my new Note 20 Ultra and my laptop and I keep failing at step #7.
Sync Setup process as I understand it:
- 1. Login to Firefox on both smartphone and in desktop device
- 2. From Firefox in smartphone go to Settings -> Synced Tabs then click "Sign into sync"
- 3. On desktop device, go to firefox.com/pair
- 4. On the Firefox pairing site, click "Show Code"
- 5. On smartphone, click "Ready to scan" then scan the QR code on your desktop with your smartphone
- 6. On smartphone, confirm that the information listed for the device you're trying to sync with is correct and click "Confirm pairing"
- 7. On your desktop device a page opens that states, "Open your authentication app and enter the security code it provides".
And here is where I hit the snag. I don't understand what authentication app it wants me to use or where this 6-digit security code is supposed to come from. I have used Lockwise, I have it installed on my Note and am logged in, but I don't receive any sort of notification on my phone or on my laptop telling me what security code I'm supposed to use.
Additionally, I have tried using the email method instead of the QR code scanning method to sync and I still end up at a dead-end in the exact same spot in the process. Please help.
Probably best to check this in a desktop copy of Firefox, but do you have 2 factor authentication set up on your Firefox account?:Pročitajte ovaj odgovor sa objašnjenjem 👍 0
All Replies (2)
Probably best to check this in a desktop copy of Firefox, but do you have 2 factor authentication set up on your Firefox account?:
Thank you so much! That fixed it. I didn't remember that at some point I had enabled 2FA on my old phone. I went into my account via desktop, disabled 2FA, went through the sync process again, and it worked this time.
Thanks again! I appreciate your help!