Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

After Mozilla autoupdate I'm getting the following error on google and virtually every other website: An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com. S

  • 6 odgovori
  • 1 ima ovaj problem
  • 4 views
  • Posljednji odgovor poslao anomalocaris

more options

I've tried turning proxy off, resetting agents, uninstalling and reinstalling. Checking date and time settings, reducing security level.

Izabrano rješenje

thanks, so we have heard about this problem from avast/avg users whose security software is meddling with encrypted connections. firefox 61 introduced the better security protocol tls 1.3 & apparently avast can't cope with that yet.

please try to disable the scanning of https connections as described in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER#w_avast as a workaround.

Pročitajte ovaj odgovor sa objašnjenjem 👍 1

All Replies (6)

more options

When you uninstalled FF did you delete the Mozilla folder as well? And where are you downloading FF from? Also what Firewall and or A/V program are you using?

Izmjenjeno od strane WestEnd

more options

hi, the exact error message got cut off unfortunately. could you paste it again including the error code? thanks...

more options

I'll paste it again when I'm on a PC again. It said SSL had received a response that exceeded maximum length. I have a screen shot of it I can paste tomorrow.

more options

I'm using Avast AV, and just the WIndows FW. I did not delete the FF folder. Thought I'd done a full uninstall but the reinstall recognized that the folder was there.

more options

Odabrano rješenje

thanks, so we have heard about this problem from avast/avg users whose security software is meddling with encrypted connections. firefox 61 introduced the better security protocol tls 1.3 & apparently avast can't cope with that yet.

please try to disable the scanning of https connections as described in https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER#w_avast as a workaround.

more options

I think that solved it. Thanks!