Add an email account to the Mail app in Firefox OS
No one has helped translate this article yet. Join us and help get the job done!
The Email app is the best way to work with email on Firefox OS. This article explains how to add your email account to the app.
- Open the Email app
on your device.
- If this is the first time opening the email application, you will be presented with the New Account screen.
- If this is not the first time, tap the menu button in the top left corner, tap the account settings gear in the bottom left and finally, tap .
- Enter your name, email address and password on the New Account screen.
- Have a POP3 account?: If you have a POP3 email account, tap on the Manual setup link. Under Account type, chooseand fill in the account details given by your POP3 email provider.
- Tap . Your email account will be set up. You're all finished!
For more information about working with email, see Send and manage email.
- Your phone must be connected to the Internet over Wi-Fi or a cellular network in order to create your account.
- The email app doesn't allow you to create a new email account. It only allows you to add an existing email account. If you need a new email account, please create a new account at your email provider's website before adding it to the email application.
- Currently, the only webmail providers supported are Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail. You can set up other types of email accounts by tapping Manual setup on the New Account screen.
Share this article: http://mzl.la/XEJ5OU