Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
- Click this Refresh Firefox button directly, if you are viewing this page in Firefox.
This won't work if you are using a different browser or on a mobile device.
- You can also find a Refresh Firefox button at the top of the Firefox about:support Troubleshooting Information page.
- To continue, click in the confirmation window that opens.
- Firefox will close to refresh itself. When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click and Firefox will open.
What does the refresh feature do?
All of your Firefox settings and personal information are stored in a profile folder. The refresh feature works by creating a new profile folder for you while saving your important data.
Add-ons which are normally stored inside the Firefox profile folder, such as extensions and themes, will be removed. Add-ons stored in other locations, such as plugins, will not be removed but any modified preferences (such as plugins you have disabled) will be reset.
Firefox will save these items:
- Browsing history
- Open windows, tab groups and tabs
- Web form auto-fill information
- Personal dictionary
These items and settings will be removed:
- Extensions and themes, website permissions, modified preferences, added search engines, download history, DOM storage, security certificate and device settings, download actions, plugin settings, toolbar customizations, user styles and social features will be removed.