How to restore sync after reset?
After a troubleshooting re-set on my windows pc my sync is no longer active. when i try to reactivate it on the tools drop-down i see two options: 1) "set up sync" which gives me the options of "create a new account" or "i have an account") or 2) tools --> options --> options --> sync which gives me the choices "set up firefox sync" or "pair a device." on my existing/previously paired device (a mac) the tools menu shows only a "sync now" choice. none of the available choices seem to fit so how do i proceed to get an existing sync account working on my windows pc? the instructions, if any, on doing exactly this are vague. i do have my sync account email, password and recovery key. sorry if i am missing something here. thank you.
thank you very much! this seems to be working . . . setup is complete and first sync, etc., is processing now. if only the "i don't have the device with me" option had some explanation that mentioned to select it in the circumstances i described. i was just reluctant to go there as it didn't seem to fit. thanks again.Read this answer in context 8
Additional System Details
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Enter all details like the account name (email address) and password and the 26-character Sync key manually to connect to an existing sync account instead of using the 12-character code to pair a device if pairing isn't possible.
- open "Tools > Options > Sync" or "Firefox > Set Up Sync"
- click "Set Up Firefox Sync" to go to "Firefox Sync Setup"
- click "I Have an Account" : Connect
- click "I don't have the device with me" at the bottom to enter the account settings (email, password, sync key)
- click the "Sync Options" button at the bottom to select what to sync
সমাধান পছন্দ করুন
thank you very much! this seems to be working . . . setup is complete and first sync, etc., is processing now. if only the "i don't have the device with me" option had some explanation that mentioned to select it in the circumstances i described. i was just reluctant to go there as it didn't seem to fit. thanks again.
Much like the initial poster, NEILjr, I re-installed my OS, and when I come to set up sync, I am not able to set it up. When setting up sync, I am given the two options: "create a new account" or "i have an account".
Cor-el posted a reply about generating a recovery key and typing it in manually. This too has been followed, but after entering user name, the password, the 26 character recovery key, and clicking next, nothing happens. This is getting me a little annoyed now, as it should simply be a case of putting in my username and password and clicking sync, and it should function without all the added rigmarole of recovery keys.