why do I keep getting a security warning when I open up MYMSN home page, and how do I get rid of it?
I get a security warning each time I open my homepage MYMSN. It is very annoying. How do I get it to open without the security warning? I have checked all settings and options and cannot figure out how to do it.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Wording of that message is?
The information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.
Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?
Tools > Options > Security - Warning Messages = Settings...
un-check - I leave an encrypted page for one that isn't encrypted.
thanks for your reply. however, that option was unchecked already. any ideas????
That is the PostToInsecureFromInsecureMessage:
"The information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party"
I think that it is this one: I submit information that is not encrypted (security.warn_submit_insecure)
the only one I have checked is the second option - all others are unchecked.
"Tools > Options > Security - Warning Messages = Settings... " Where is this setting located in FF ver 5.0? I cannot find it.
Modified by sktr77
The settings for the warning messages have been removed from the user interface (Bug 513166).
You need to change the related security.warn_* prefs directly on the about:config page.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
- Use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a preference more easily.
- Preferences that have been modified show as bold(user set).
- Preferences can be reset to the default or changed via the right-click context menu.