This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Cannot open the options menu on the right top to refresh firefox, the button simply doesn't react to my clicking (although it does change color!)
Hi I am having issues with my Firefox browser, when I want to do a Google search, clicking the arrow to start the search doesn't do anything. Every time I want to open my gmail, I have to sign in. This was never a Problem before! When I click on the Internet Options menu on the right top of the browser, it visibly clicks but nothing opens. What cann I do to fix this? This is really annoying....
All Replies (2)
A detail like a website remembering you (log you in automatically) is stored in a cookie.
You can use these steps to make a website recognize and remember you:
- You can create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep specific cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: Exceptions
Removing cookies from a website makes the website forget about you.
In case you use "Clear history when Firefox closes" or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- clearing "Site Preferences" clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data.
- clearing cookies will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an allow exception you want to keep.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (3-bar Menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem.
- Switch to the DEFAULT theme: 3-bar Menu button/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance
- Do NOT click the "Refresh Firefox" button on the Safe Mode start window
What is your computer system and Firefox?