This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Youtube crashes windows
Apparently, crashing YouTube is no longer compatible with Windows 8. Today I had to restart my computer five times because YouTube freezing and crashing managed to break my entire desktop. This only happens with Firefox. Also, YouTube is much slower to load on Firefox, which will most likely make Windows 8 crash more often.
Whoops! I forgot all about this. It was actually a virus that slowed the internet down to the point of crashing. Repeatedly. It's fixed now.Read this answer in context 👍 3
All Replies (2)
I understand that there is some crashing on Windows 8 using Flash on youtube. Please see if it continues after disabling hardware accelerations. Do you also have crash ids of the times that it did crash? This will help with investigation. Copy the last 5 reports listed on about:crashes page with the bp- in front of the id.
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
The image "fpSettings1.PNG" does not exist.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.
Whoops! I forgot all about this. It was actually a virus that slowed the internet down to the point of crashing. Repeatedly. It's fixed now.