Firefox Sync lets you synchronize bookmarks, add-ons, browsing history and other information across multiple devices. This article shows you how to choose these settings. For information on starting a Sync account or managing your devices, see How do I set up Sync on my computer?
Table of Contents
What information can I share across my devices?
You can choose to sync the following information on your devices:
- Bookmarks: this allows you to access all your favorite sites on all your synchronized devices.
- History: this allows you to access sites you have visited in the past on all your synchronized devices.
- Open tabs: your open tabs on other devices can be accessed from the View synced tabs from other devices article for details. button on your computer, and in the History tab on your Android device. See the
- Logins and passwords: this synchronizes the usernames and passwords you use to log in to websites. If you use a Primary Password, see Using a Primary Password with Sync for important information on how Sync and the Primary Password interact.
- Addresses: this synchronizes the addresses you use to fill in web forms. See Automatically fill in your address on web forms.
- Credit cards: this synchronizes the credit card data you saved to Firefox. See Automatically fill in credit card information on Firefox for Android and Automatically fill in credit card data on Web forms.
- Add-ons: select this checkbox if you want to synchronize your add-ons across your devices. Add-ons for the desktop version of Firefox cannot be synchronized with the mobile versions of Firefox.
- OptionsPreferencesSettings : this synchronizes Firefox preference settings you've changed, such as your home page, across desktop devices.
Manage Sync information on a computer
- In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click and select .Click the menu button and select .
- Click Sync from the menu options to open the sync settings panel.
- If the Sync panel shows Syncing: ON, click .
- If it shows Syncing: OFF, click to turn Sync on.
- In the Choose What To Sync dialog that opens, select the check boxes next to the types of information you want to sync.
- Click .
Manage Sync information on an Android device
Tap the menu button.
- Tap .
- Under Account, tap your email address that displays at the top.
- Select the check boxes next to the types of information you want to synchronize.
- Your changes will save automatically when you exit settings.
Share this article: https://mzl.la/3GfoSgM