Get started with Firefox for Android
New to Firefox for Android? Well you’ve come to the right place. This article covers all the basics and will get you up and running in just a few minutes.
Table of Contents
Import your Android bookmarks and history
Import your info from Chrome or the Android browser.
- Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser)
, select , then and then . Finally, tap .
Use the Firefox Homepage to quickly find what you need
Just open Firefox and you have access to all of your top sites. From here you can also swipe right to access anything in your browsing history or swipe left to get to your bookmarks. Tap the address bar to search the Web. For more, see Customize the Firefox Homepage.
Just open Firefox and you have access to top sites around the Web, recently visited or bookmarked sites, and popular articles on Pocket (now part of Mozilla). From here you can also swipe right on the top panel to access your bookmarks and history (including sites you've accessed on other devices). Tap the address bar to search the Web. For more, see Customize the Firefox Homepage.
Keep your desktop bookmarks, tabs and passwords in sync
Firefox Sync lets you take all your desktop Firefox bookmarks, tabs, passwords and more with you wherever you go. For detailed instructions, see How do I set up Sync on my computer?
Open and switch between tabs
Firefox makes managing lots of tabs easy. Learn more - Using Tabs on Firefox for Android.
- Hit the tab button in the upper-right (it displays the number of tabs you have open). From there you can select another tab or use the
Bookmark your favorite pages
Save your favorites. See Add, delete and view bookmarked webpages in Firefox for Android.
- To bookmark a page, tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser)
and select the star outline. The star will change to a dark color to indicate that the page was bookmarked.
- To remove a bookmark, repeat the action of tapping the menu button, then tap the star again. The star will change to a lighter color to indicate that the bookmark was removed.
Customize Firefox with add-ons
Add-ons let you add features to Firefox.
- Browse all of the add-ons that work with Firefox for Android. Then just tap the button to install the add-on.
Private Browsing allows you to browse the Internet without saving any information about which sites and pages you've visited. Learn more about Private Browsing.
- To open a private tab, tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser)
and select .
Reader Mode strips away all of a website's clutter so you can focus on the content. To learn more, see View articles in Reader View on Firefox for Android.
- Just tap the Reader Mode icon
in the address bar.
Last Update: 2018-02-09