Change the look of Firefox for Android using themes
A theme is a simple type of Firefox add-on which allows you to customize your browser skin. This article describes how to find, install, and manage Firefox for Android themes.
Table of Contents
What are themes?
Firefox for Android themes allow changing of color schemes and background images of the Firefox toolbars.
How to install themes
You can access the Android themes from the settings menu inside Firefox for Android:
- Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) , then tap and tap .
- Tap the orange icon
in the upper-right of the Add-ons screen.Tap Alternatively you could go directly to .https://addons.mozilla.org/android/ to achieve the same result.
- Tap on the
- You will see Featured themes. You can search for themes or tap on the or tabs to find a theme you would like to try.
- To try out a theme, simply tap on the theme's graphic; Firefox will display "You're trying it on!". To learn more about a theme, tap
- Install the theme you want by tapping . Firefox will confirm the theme is installed by displaying "Added to Firefox".
How to switch themes
To switch themes, follow the instructions for How to install Themes above and install another theme.
How to remove a theme
If you want to go back to the default Firefox for Android theme, uninstall the current theme add-on:
- Tap the menu below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) , then tap and tap . button (either
- Tap on the add-on for the current theme and then tap on
- The theme will be removed.
Last Update: 2015-02-01